There have been loads of times that I simply have given up because I didn’t know what I didn’t know and then, there have been a tonne more times when I have actively sought out the people who had the answers to what I didn’t know…paid them and then BOOM…got what I wanted!
There is no shame in not knowing what you don’t know – sometimes we seriously need to get over ourselves and be able to take a long hard look and say…
1. Do I really want this thing I am going after?
YES – continue to Q2
NO – go find out what you DO really want
2. Do I know everything I need to know in order to get it?
YES – WTF are you waiting for? Go do it!
NO – continue to Q3
3. Who do I know that DOES know what I don’t that is going to get me what I want and how can I get them involved?
4. Who do I know that will DO what I need done?
5. Who can I learn from (in a paid capacity) that has done or is doing what I need to do?
The hint is – all these things require INVESTMENT of some kind; whether it be time, money or energy…
That thing you REALLY want isn’t just going to fall out of the tree and land on your lap. You are going to HAVE TO INVEST!
Check out this great video…slash smoking ceremony…to learn the process I applied in creating a woodfired pizza oven – that gives great lessons in business (because, as you know, if you have been following me for a while, EVERYTHING in my life offers a lesson in business!)